Friday, August 12, 2011

A Double Rainbow

After a late afternoon storm blew through our place, we were able to see a beautiful, double rainbow.

The rainbow was a supernumerary rainbow.

"And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud ...

  ... and I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.  And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
- Genesis 9:12-16 -

2 comments:

The Bryant Family said...

What a beautiful scene! The Lord is so good to bless us with the beauty of His world and reminder of His everlasting promise. Last week we also had a large rainbow on our farm but it was short-lived and therefore hard to capture in its fullness!

Lisa C. said...

"And all of the people of God sang along, Amen"!
Lisa